Friday 15 February 2013

Introduction

My name is Derek - everyone calls me Des (unless you know me from way back when the Internet was young and then i'm Del).

I have a BSc in Computer Studies, an MSc in Computer Networks, a few Microsoft Qualifications and was a full Microsoft Certified Trainer until I decided to let it lapse a few years ago when training didn't seem to be the way forward.

I tried to start a blog a few years ago, but ended up never keeping it up to date as the work I was doing at the time wasn't diverse enough.

Well, I'm now the director of my own company and I've found myself doing lots of different activities  This blog is here for me as much as anyone else. It's a good place to store useful snippets of information that I may come across and want to be able to look at again in the future.

At the moment, my day to day tasks vary between the following:

  • Raspberry Pi Units and Raspbian
  • PHP Development
  • HTML and CSS
  • PYTHON Development
  • MySQL
  • IT Support
    • Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
    • Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
    • Windows SBS 2003, 2008 and 2011
    • Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013
  • Networking
    • Routing
    • Switching
    • WIFI
  • and everything else in-between
So expect to see posts about any and all of the above, as well as anything else that I decide needs to be shared.

Don't expect things to be in order, I tend to deal with everything one problem at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment