Thursday 13 August 2015

Windows 10 Wireless missing 5GHZ networks (TL-WDN3200 N600 TP-LINK)

After upgrading to Windows 10 on my home PC, I realised that it was no longer able to connect to my 5ghz network using my TL-WDN3200 dongle. The wireless network list didn't even display it.

On further investigation i decided it must be a driver issue, so i went over to the TP-LINK website and downloaded the latest driver set (for Windows 8.1 x64 as at the time of writing there were no Windows 10 drivers available). I installed the drivers, but the network still didn't appear.

Upon closer inspection I identified that the USB dongles chipset maker was Mediatek, so I headed off to their website and downloaded their drivers.

Straight after installing, I had access to my 5ghz network again. Must be a bug or inconsistency with the tp-link/builtin/windows 10 drivers

The URL for the mediatek drivers is: http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/usb/

-- Update April 2016 --

TP-Link still haven't got this sorted yet and there are lots of complaints about it on their forums. They have released a Windows 10 compatibility list here: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article-15587.html but it doesn't look like the WDN3200 is going to get a new driver in the near future!

12 comments:

  1. You Sir, are a genius!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked like a charm. Thanks very much for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr. Good Guy, Thank you very much for your help on this issue, I had been trying to fix this for the past week ( updated drivers etc, no luck ). I really appreciate that you not only found a solution but posted one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir you are great this solved my problem. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's worked again, thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much this has been a God send.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you upload the diver download on a website like Mediafire? I can't download on the link you provided

    ReplyDelete