Tuesday 29 March 2016

Wordpress All Import (WP All Import) WooCommerce - 403 Forbidden when importing

Continuing my Wordpress work, I needed to import a large amount of data into a Woo Commerce based store so decided to use WP All Import with the Woo Commerce add on to do this.

However, when I tried to import from my first CSV I kept getting a 403 Forbidden error. Naturally, I assumed that i'd done something wrong with the .htaccess access file but all seemed OK.

I decided to check the settings, and made a minor change of no consequence but when I tried to save it I again received the 403 Forbidden error.

Now realizing that it wasn't something to do with the import itself, but rather the plugin I turned to the support forums and setup guides for help - but nothing seemed to mention this.

Looking around the settings page, I this time noticed a box  called "Add port to URL" which allows you to change port that your webserver uses. I do all of my development work on a server running Apache on port 8080 and suddenly my problem was clear - the plugin wasn't capable of changing ports, it had to be informed of the port the web-server was using.

After enter 8080 in the box and saving the settings (which actually saved this time!) everything started to work as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment